Tuesday 1 November 2016

Locations of pictures in existing magazines



 These images are Front covers from jazz magazines , I will use these to see where most jazz magazines take the photos they used.






This one has been taken against a wall, this is a convention of jazz. The image also takes the whole page which is also a convention of Jazz magazines.  They are dressed in casual clothes which breaks conventions of jazz and they look directly in the camera which breaks conventions as well.





This front cover photo is taken while the artist is playing a concert. This is breaking conventions however, many Jazz magazines do this. He is dressed in a suit which is a code and convention of jazz, he is also pictured with instruments which is also  a convention for jazz magazines and they do  this regularly. He is looking away from the camera this is a convention of jazz magazines , it shows he is focused on something else.I dont like this because I dont feel like it interacts with the reader, I wouldnt use  this background for my magazine.





This front cover is taken in a studio which is a convention of jazz magazines, however his outfit breaks conventions. He is wearing more casual clothes which breaks conventions . He is also holding a trumpet which is a code for jazz. I wouldnt use this for my background because I think it is to plain and wouldn't like the image it creates.









The photo for this front cover is taken outside which breaks conventions , it has dark background towards the top hiding what could be behind them creating a mysterious feel to the magazine. The image is darkened so the reader can only see the floor and some bushes behind them. They are wearing casual clothes which breaks conventions of jazz and they look directly in the camera.I like this background because it is different and breaks codes I would use something like this for my magazine however, I would not be able to get there.













This photo is taken in a studio, this follows conventions. The background is plain and matches the colour of the writing making a nice contrast. The artist is kneeling and looking directly in the camera breaking conventions however, it follows conventions because the model is pictured with an instrument. I dont like this background because it is plain and follows conventions.















No comments:

Post a Comment